In my post college world, I typically see two different types of women. The career woman who wakes up early every morning and heads off to work to kick butt and take names, and the woman who wakes up early every morning to stay at home and wrangle her little rascals single-handed until night fall. Both of these women are equally amazing and hard working, but often sleepless, a little worn down, and in desperate need of some relaxation and “me time”. As women, we have a tendency to serve others before serving ourselves. Whether it be our boss and company, or our children and partner, we are givers by nature and will do so without much in return. Well I am a big advocate for having your cake and eating it too, so I have prepared a pamper list of some of my favorite beauty products on the market. Whether you are looking for brighter skin, a soothing evening routine, or a lip color that won’t wear off when kissing butts or babies, you may find a safe haven in some of these products. Ranging from $10 to $200 investments, each product has its own perks and can meet the demands of any woman’s busy lifestyle. Plus, let us be honest, we all deserve to wait on ourselves, regardless of who else we serve.
My top 10 types of beauty products to own are:
1. Radiant Complexion (without makeup) - Clarisonic Skin Brush, John Master’s Organics Pomegranate Nourishing Facial Oil (USDA Organic).
2. Youthful eyes- Image Skin Care Vital C eye cream, John Master’s Organics eye cream, Avalon Organics Vitamin C eye antioxidant eye cream (all paraben free).
3. Flawless Face- Temptu Air Brush Foundation System, Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream.
4. Fabulously flirty lashes- Armani Eyes to Kill, Dior Show, Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara or High Impact Mascara.
5. Pretty Pucker (go for long lasting lipstick) - MAC Prolong Lipstick, Clinique Long Last Gloss.
6. Colorfully dramatic peepers- MAC Eye shadow, Color Lab Primer, Armani Eyeliner.
7. Healthy locks and Scalp- Intelligent Nutrients Leave in Conditioner (USDA Organic), Avalon Organics Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Shampoo and Conditioner, CLEAN Blue Shampoo.
8. Sun-Kissed Skin- Nature’s Gate Glow Lotion (Best of Beauty Award Winner by Allure, natural sustainable, vegan product), Nature’s Gate Gradual Tan everyday lotion
9. Luscious Body- Lush Brand bath indulgences: The Buffy Body Bar, and The Comforter Bath Bomb (vegan).
10. Lavender Dreams (to relax your skin and body in the evening) - Lavender relaxation tea (The Tea Source Lavender berry or Teavana Lavender Dreams White Tea), Serum: Avalon Organics Lavender Renewal Facial Serum, lotion: Avalon Organics or Garden of Eden’s Lavender & Shea, Temple oils: Badger Peppermint & Lavender Soother (apply to pressure points-wrists, temples, back of neck), lavender candle or Lavender linen spray, eye mask.
Pick and choose your products based on your individual goals. What works for some, may not work for all. Also, I strongly encourage seeking out samples of those products with a higher price point to give them a test drive first. Lastly, don’t forget to always read labels for skin irritants and harsh chemicals.
Remember, with our over-tasked mutli-tasking lives, it is hard to always put our best face forward. But a rejuvenated you equals a rejuvenated job. Besides, we all deserve the perfect skin to match our lipstick and stilettos.